World Class Leadership and Team
Over the past 40 years, James R. Gonzalez has held executive positions in academic health centers, community hospitals and long-term care facilities in New York and New Jersey. He has served as President and CEO of Broadway House since 1999.
Mr. Gonzalez earned a Bachelor of Science from Northeastern University and a Master of Public Health from the Yale School of Public Health. He has been a Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives since 2007, and the NJ Chapter selected him to receive the Distinguished Service Award for his significant contributions to the healthcare industry in 2017.
In addition to his management of Broadway House, in 2011 Mr. Gonzalez was asked to serve as the interim President/CEO of University Hospital. Two years later, he was appointed CEO of University Hospital and led the facility’s transition from a university-owned facility to a stand-alone, safety net teaching hospital through the merger between University of Medicine and Dentistry of NJ and Rutgers University. It was the largest merger of two university systems in the nation’s history.
Mr. Gonzalez also serves on the following boards:
- St. James FQHC in Newark, NJ
- Neighborhood Health Services Corp in Plainfield, NJ
- Health Care Association of NJ, Past Chairman
- The Governor’s Council on HIV/AIDS and Related Blood Borne Pathogens
- Homeless Commission of the City of Newark
- Greater Newark Healthcare Coalition
- Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine—Admissions Committee
- FBI Newark Citizens Academy Alumni Association
Del-Sano Contracting Corp.
Township of Freehold
William Cassidy, PhD
West Virginia Ventures LLC
Human Resources International LLC
Gayle Chaneyfield Jenkins
Gayle Global LLC
Robert Iannaccone, MBD, JD
Executive Vice President
Monica Lintott, PhD
Gary Paul Wright
African American Office of Gay Concerns